Shipwreck Island Waterpark opened in the summer of 1983. The tropical theme waterpark is filled with attractions and food and beverage outlets to bring smiles to every member of your family. The twenty-acre park features lush landscaping, a professionally trained aquatics staff, and is one of the most hospitable attractions in all of North Florida. Shipwreck Island has been entertaining families for twenty-five years on Panama City Beach. Don’t settle for a sprinkle, come make a big splash at Shipwreck Island Waterpark. See you soon!
- Ocean Motion Wave Pool is a 500,000-gallon pool that generates three foot waves every ten minutes. These waves contain cool clear water without any creatures that may lurk in the ocean.
- White Knuckle River is a 660-foot long twisting, winding inner tube ride that features tubes large enough for the entire family to splash down in.
- Tree Top Drop is actually two slides coming off of a 65-foot tall platform. One slide is a dark tube that drops onto a free fall slide that sends sliders down a rapid drop slide. The other choice is the Tree Top Drop enclosed twisting tube slide.
- The Pirate’s Plunge Racing Slide is actually dueling slides side by side from a 60-foot tall tower. Riders can challenge their own nerves or other riders.
- The Raging Rapids is over 300 feet of white water inner tube rafting. “The Rapids,” as they are affectionately known by so many guests, gives riders one of the best white water tubing slides you’ll find anywhere. The 50-foot splash down is a breath-taking finale.
- The Zoom Flume is the oldest attraction at Shipwreck Island. Three flumes curve in, out and around a huge hill and finally come together in a big splash pool.
- The Great Shipwreck is a replica of a 17th century sailing ship. Guests swing out from the ship on a cable and drop into a beautiful lagoon pool.
- The Lazy River is over 2,000 feet of a slow moving meandering river that provides the park’s most relaxing aquatic encounter.
- Skull Island is a family activity pool that is filled with waterfalls, a kiddy slide, and water cannons for impromptu family fun.
- The Tadpole Hole is a gigantic children’s activity pool that includes a frog slide, a ship slide, an elephant slide, a pelican slide and an old submarine known as “The Silly Sub.”
Food and Beverage at the Park
The usual broad selection of burgers, pizza, hotdogs, salads, barbeque, wraps, funnel cakes, ice cream, and frozen drinks is also available from The Galley, The Ship’s Grill, The Captain’s Dog House, Swashbuckler’s Beer Shack, Pirate’s Pizza, Dippin’ Dots, and Island Ice Cream.
Shopping in Paradise
Our Ship’s Store is filled with an extensive array of Panama Jack suncare products, sunglasses, and souvenirs.
Prices and Hours of Operation
Admission is $33.00 plus tax for persons above 50 inches tall and $28.00 plus tax for persons below 50 inches tall. Children below 35 inches tall are admitted free. Lockers are available for $5.00 with a $2.00 refund available when the key is returned at the end of your visit.
SHIPWRECK ISLAND is open Saturdays for most of the month of May, and daily from Memorial Day until mid August. From mid August until September 2, 2013, the park will be open on Saturdays. The park will be open Labor Day weekend Saturday, Sunday and Monday.